Vacancy: Sprints Coach
Glasgow University Athletics Club are seeking applicants for a new Sprints Coach. GUAC are Scotland’s most successful university athletics club in recent years having won the Scottish Uni Indoor and Outdoor titles nine years in a row. The club has also witnessed rapid member expansion and now boasts 115 members with this number growing year on year.
The Sprints Coach will take a responsibility for the event group, planning and delivering sessions which will suit a range of abilities from beginner to national level athletes. They will report to elected club committee members and work alongside other event-specific coaches, including student coaching assistants who may be able to offer support with the delivery of sessions.
As well as providing a flexible, adaptable training plan for athletes, the successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate a strong technical understanding of the sport to benefit athlete development. Knowledge and an ability to plan gym sessions is also preferred but not essential.
The ideal candidate will have a friendly, approachable attitude; suitable for working with university students. They will hold a minimum of UKCC Level 1 (Coaching Assistant) and should be striving towards Level 2 (Athletics Coach) if not already acquired. Experience of coaching athletics is preferred but a strong background in competing would be just as beneficial.
We would also be keen to hear from coaches who have a background or experience in jumps, both vertical and horizontal.
- The club train on Monday and Wednesday, 18:00-20:00 at Scotstoun Sports Campus. Some sessions may also take place at the Emirates Arena.
- Training takes place during university term time (September-December and January-May).
- It is also expected for the coach to attend key university competitions, usually based in Glasgow or Grangemouth.
- Closing Date: 31/07/19
- Salary: Paid, to be discussed
- Start Date: Mid-September 2019
- Contact: Ruairidh Campbell – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application: CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Your covering letter should detail: your background in athletics, your motivations for applying for this position and what unique values you believe you could offer in this role.